Twitter

About Me

My photo
I love taking four kids to the grocery.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

We have been getting rid of baby things as Nolan finishes with them. Some of them have left me with a twinge of sadness, but none have made me as heartbroken as saying goodbye to my trusty breast pump.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND! I hate despise loathe detest abhor pumping. With my first three kids I was working, so every morning I would rise early and pump before leaving for work (even on days when I wasn't working I would do this to build my stash). I would then pack everything up and lug it to work, breaking to pump at lunch and sometimes once in the afternoon. What a pain in the ass.

I suppose it's saying goodbye to a relationship. We laughed together, cried together, paid bills over the phone together ("hope you don't mind the sound of my treadmill!"), surfed the internets together, OH GOD DID WE EVER!

My best friend is about to have a baby and I am delivering said pump to her. This weekend. And even though I haven't pumped in MONTHS (N refuses bottle), I swear. to. god. i. am. going. to. have. me. one. last. pump. in. the. morning.

1 comment: